For The Vegetable Balls:
Cabbage – 3/4 cup (finely chopped)
Carrot – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Maida (APF) – 3 tbsp
Corn flour – 2 tbsp, heaped
Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Garlic – 5 flakes(finely chopped)
Spring onions(white part) – 1 tbsp chopped
Spring onions(green part) – 1 tbsp chopped
Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Soya sauce – 2 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp (mixed with 1/4 cup water)
Water / Vegetable Stock – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Steam cook the vegetables for 8-10mins, just parboiling is enough the vegetable should be crunchy.In a mixing bowl add the cooked vegetables along with all other ingredients listed under ‘For The Vegetable Balls’
- Mix well, the water in the veggies was just enough for me to form balls so I didn’t add water separately.If you are not able to form balls then sprinkle very little water and shape them into balls as shown.Now in a paniyaram pan, add little oil in each hole and fry it in low flame till all the sides are evenly browned.Roll over to cook evenly.Alternatively, you can deep fry them too.
- Drain in tissue paper,Set aside.Now for the sauce : In a pan heat oil add the spring onion white part along with chopped garlic saute till golden then add soya sauce,pepper powder and 1 tbsp tomato sauce.
- Mix well and add cornflour water mixture and let it boil, once it starts boiling the color wills lowly change to deep brown color.After adding the cornflour mixture it will start thickening..Now add remaining 2 tbsp tomato sauce.Add required salt.
- Once it starts to thicken add spring onions green part, add the fried manchurian balls and mix well.Cook for 2mins for the sauce to blend well with the manchurian balls.It will turn shiny and velvety that’s the correct stage, Switch off.
- Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish for fried rice.